Tuesday, August 31, 2010

30-days withouth C's! And I don't mean no Carbs.

Hey everyone! I just finished my 26 day of working out this month. I had set a goal to complete 25 workouts during the month of August. So I did it! I completed 26 total workouts. I have been doing many at-home Boot Camp workouts as research to teach for my Boot Camp Hawaii classes in September. Come check out these new classes at the beach! www.bootcamp-hawaii.com for a class schedule.

But besides that, I am now on a new journey. I am on a "no more C's" kind of journey. And I don't mean no Carbs! Carbohydrates are awesome for you! They fuel your workouts and give you the energy you need to sustain HIIT, high intensity interval training, or what you'll be getting at Boot Camp. So, I am going to eat carbohydrates.However, I will be eating complex carbohydrates (cooked veggies, raw veggies, fresh fruits, frozen fruits). Low-Glycemic Index Carbohydrates (beans, seeds sprouts, legumes) . Unprocessed Carbohydrates (whole grains, whole oats, barley). I love all of these foods!

The C's I vow to avoid this month will be:
Candy

Cookies

Chips

Chocolate

I am not going to follow any diet or meal plan. I don't have time. But I am going to avoid these 4 C's. I know that I have some kind of addiction or craving for them...and I have to just STOP! I love these foods too, but they make me feel unhappy after I consume them. Most of all, my workouts are very arduous and my performance is low when I consume these 4 C's.

Day 1 will begin today, September 1. I will do my weigh in and measurements with my Boot Camp Hawaii students (they always do this at the beginning of the month). However, I don't really care if my weight drops or not. This will mostly likely happen naturally if I avoid the 4 C's above. However, staying away from these is a BIG challenge for me, especially on the weekends. So I am going for it! I want to see how I feel in 30 days.

What is your 30-day Challenge?

-emily

No comments:

Post a Comment