Friday, September 3, 2010

Bye-bye Back Fat Workout & No C's - Day 3

Hey Boot Campers!
I made it to Day 3, of wiping out the 4 C's from my diet: candy, chips, cookies, chocolate. You'll be proud of me, I did eat a huge fuji apple on the 1st day after dinner, instead of getting a chocolate bar from the ABC Store. I hope to get through the Labor Day weekend!
Today I did a Bye-Bye Back Fat workout at home. It takes only 15 - 20 minutes. If you want to make it longer and add some more sweating to your routine, you can do 30 minutes of cardio afterward. I chose to ride my stationary bike for 30 mins at 90 RPM.

Here's the workout!Back Fly Picture
Tips: Make sure you are bent over and chest is facing the ground. Keep your elbows rounded

Bye-Bye Back Fat
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Materials Needed: heavy weights, chair or bench, bands
Intensity: go slow to work deep into the muscles; try to do 15 reps/exercise, but do more reps until you hit your max limit

set 1:
diamond push-ups - 15
one-arm tricep push-ups - 15 on R, 15 on L
inverted back row - 15
twisting bicep curl - 15

(3 minutes jump rope - optional)

set 2:
chest fly push-up - 16
overhead tricep extensions - 15
back fly - 15
traditional bicep curls - 15

(3 minutes jump rope - optional)

set 3:
divebomber - 10-12
tricep dips - 15
lat pull-down or Y-pull - 15
21 biceps - 7 half curls -7 half curls - 7 full curls

(3 minutes jump rope - optional)

optional cardio - 30 minutes
jogging, running, cycling, swimming

Post-exercise snack: I made a Carob-Blueberry Smoothie, a twist from the Chocolate Almond Smoothie

1 cup frozen blueberries (I substituted for the banana)
2 fresh or soaked dates
2 cups cold water (or 1-1/2 cup water plus 1 cup ice)
1/4 cup almonds (or 2 tbsp raw almond butter)
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp hemp protein (I used Living Harvest, Original Organic Hemp Protein with Fiber)
1 tbsp roasted carob powder (or cacao nibs to make smoothie 100% raw)

Since I don't get to eat chocolate this month, I really enjoyed the carob!

Cheers!
-emily

No comments:

Post a Comment